Good news for artists on Spotify:
As an artist, you no longer need to fill out a separate form to get verified on Spotify — all you need is access to your profile via Spotify for Artists.
The new tool allows artists to update images, make picks, add playlists and access Fan Insights all in the same place.
Here's the good part: you no longer need 250 followers to become verified.
For more details on Spotify for Artists take a moment to review the Spotify Best Practices.
What this means if you’re already verified:
● Whether you use Spotify for Artists or not, you’ll keep your verification.
● All the playlists on your artist profile will stay there.
● If you’re verified but haven’t used Fan Insights, get access to Spotify for Artists here.
● As of early May, you’ll need to use Spotify for Artists to add and remove playlists from your artist profile. You’ll still use your personal Spotify account to create and edit them.
What this means if you’re not verified yet:
● To get verified, you’ll need to get access to Spotify for Artists.
● Spotify for Artists is available for all artists and their management teams. You no longer need 250 followers to get verified.
● As of early May, you can add any playlist to your artist profile using Spotify for Artists — the same way you add an artist’s pick. You’ll use your personal Spotify account to create and edit artist playlists.
● While we’re working as quickly as we can, you may not see the verified check mark on your page until early May.