Led Zeppelin has now prepared the reissues of LED ZEPPELIN IV (the third best-selling album in U.S. history) and HOUSES OF THE HOLY. As with the previous deluxe editions, both albums have been newly remastered by guitarist and producer Jimmy Page and are accompanied by a second disc of companion audio comprised entirely of unreleased music related to that album.
LED ZEPPELIN IV and HOUSES OF THE HOLY will each be available on October 31st in the following formats:
- Single CD – Remastered album packaged in a gatefold card wallet.
- Deluxe Edition (2CD) – Remastered album, plus a second disc of unreleased companion audio.
- Single LP – Remastered album on 180-gram vinyl, packaged in a sleeve that replicates the LP’s first pressing in exacting detail.
- Deluxe Edition Vinyl (2LP) – Remastered album and unreleased companion audio on 180-gram vinyl.
- Digital Download – Remastered album and companion audio will both be available.
- Super Deluxe Boxed Set
The second round of reissues begins with one of the most artistically influential and commercially successful albums in the history of music, LED ZEPPELIN IV. Released in November 1971, the album defined the sound of rock music for a generation with ubiquitous anthems such as ‘Stairway To Heaven’, ‘Rock And Roll’, ‘Black Dog’, and ‘When The Levee Breaks’. The album was inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame in 1999 and has been certified 23x platinum by the RIAA.
HOUSES OF THE HOLY, released in 1973 features legendary tracks such as‘The Song Remains The Same’ and ‘No Quarter’ while also showcasing band’s evolving sound with the reggae-tinged ‘D’yer Mak’er’ and the funk jam ‘The Crunge’. The album has been certified diamond by the RIAA for sales of over 11 million copies.